Monday, December 30, 2013

Max's Poetry Corner

The author, composing a new masterwork
Oh, hello friends.  Welcome to Max's Poetry Corner, a time for me to share my preternatural poetic talents.  Here is today's offering.  Please hold your snaps and applause until the end.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

by Dylan Thomas 
Max-Pascal James Cook

Do not go gentle into that good night,
young age should scream and rage at close of day;
rage, rage against the dimming of the lights.

Do not go gentle into that new diaper without a fight,
when insolent mothers try your bottom thus to clean.
Rage, rage against the hand that tries to wipe.

Do not go gentle into your car seat right,
be cat-like in your wailing and the arching of your back;
rage, rage against the seatbelt oh-so-tight.

Deep, isn't it?  And it's all based on a true story.  




2 comments:

  1. Hehehe I think I shall share this with my sisters-in-law. I have some nephews just like Max.

    ReplyDelete