Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bahhh

I am not liberated by technology sometimes.  You know how in the olden days, when phones were connected to your house, you would "sit by the phone" waiting for that important call?  Nowadays it's obsessively checking your email inbox every few minutes to see if you got that important email, or panicking if your cell phone is in another room and you perhaps missed the important call.
I've applied for a few jobs for next year that look good and so far haven't heard back.  Kind of discouraging.  I don't know if my position at MRA will be renewed, so I'm keeping my eyes on Craigslist a lot.  Too much, probably.  I just have to remind myself that God's got this and He has a good plan for what is next...I'm just not privy to it at this moment.  Uncertainty is a pain like that.
Okay, time to liberate my daughter from her room where she was supposed to be napping but has instead been playing.  At least she's been playing happily and has allowed me to get some work done and let Max snooze in his swing.  I can't believe I'm headed back to work soon...my time off has gone by very fast!  Max is 5 weeks old already.  I know, I'm behind on posting pictures.  I'll get on that...

1 comment:

  1. I am not liberated by technology sometimes.

    I feel that, yo. I, too, will obsessively check my inbox, and indeed everything else under the sun. Sometimes I catch myself "doing the rounds." There are no new emails, so I check Facebook. And there's nothing new on Facebook, so I check Twitter. And there's nothing new on Twitter, so I check Reddit. And there's nothing new on Reddit, so I check my email--except oh wait, I just checked my email thirty seconds ago, so of course there's nothing new there. Better check Facebook. Bleeaaahhh.

    ReplyDelete