Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's Easter!

He is risen!  He is risen indeed!  Alleluia, Alleluia!

It was a fairly simple day.  We got dressed up and went to church (Pro Tip: do not arrive late on Easter Sunday and expect to get anything other than standing room only).

We tried to take pictures of the kids while they were all dressed up.  I took many, hoping that statistically at least one would be good...









Then we got some kind gentleman to take some family pictures for us, which went slightly better…



Went home and let the kids get into their Easter goodies from Grandma Laurie…
She looks good in this hat!

Garden themed Easter Baskets!

Max contemplates his Lamb Lolly



Then the kids took naps played mostly contained in their room and I cooked dinner…and I am pleased to say that I had a non-Pinterest Failworthy table!  Look at those cute cupcakes!!! For once, my cupcake decorating skills have worked out well for me.




While we waited for Andy and Alishia to arrive, Allen decided to chill with the kids in his truck.  Some quality Daddy time, you know…



The kids' evening ended with a short Easter Egg hunt in the backyard.  


 After the kids were in bed, we played "The Newlywed Game" (based on the old TV show) with Andy and Alishia, which is always good for some awkward laughter.  There are not many couples I feel like I could play that game with, but since Allen and Andy are similar in a lot of ways and Alishia and I are similar in a lot of ways, it works out pretty well.

Just wanted to check in and share some pictures with you. I'm hoping to be done with a very large project this week, and after it is done I hope to get back to my much more regular blogging schedule.  I know you've missed me (she said facetiously).




1 comment: