Thursday, October 4, 2012

Well...

Hmm, you may have noticed my distinct lack of blog posts surrounding the book of Colossians and Good Morning Girls.  I did keep up with it (on Facebook) for the first week, and then went away to our church's women's retreat, and fell off the wagon.
I know what you're thinking: shouldn't a women's church retreat get you back ON the Bible wagon?
You'd think so.  But you'd be wrong.
The retreat was a mixed bag.  The speaker was awesome, but overall it was not a restful and happy time. Partly, it was because she gave excellent advice: think about the people in your life and choose to spend your time around people who are encouraging and uplifting.  Don't choose negative people.
This, of course, has nothing to do with why I haven't been getting up early to do the Bible study.  Perhaps it does in a tangential way: since I came back from the retreat, I feel like life has just been shaken up a little bit.
Today feels like we are inhabitants of a snow globe, and someone just shook the living daylights out of it.  Woah!  Hang on to God, because everything else you thought you knew just went kablooey!
I'm pensive more than upset.  It was a wake up call, a reminder; there's more hope for a fool than for one who is wise in his/her own eyes.
I'll end on this note: I am loving Lecrae's music right now.  Here's a song of his that I'm really into right now.  It is called, aptly enough, "God is Enough."  Even if you're not a fan of hip-hop, you should give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment