Monday, April 25, 2011

blearghhhh

Not enough time. I have tons of pictures to post about Easter and things to say, but neither time nor energy to do so now. I know the weeks of school are drawing to a close, but I don't feel like I have the strength to make it. I know I will; after all, I bore a child. If I made it through labor, I can probably eke it out to the end of the year. But the end of the school year doesn't hold the same sort of promise that a born child does. It promises summer, which is wonderful, but doesn't seem related to the efforts put into the year. How much of the knowledge I've worked hard to impart will just be forgotten a few weeks in? Too much to contemplate without gloom.
On the plus side: I have a job with students that I care about and coworkers I learn a lot from, a nice place to live, good food to eat, clothes to wear, my daughter is cute, my husband is truly loving and always finds new ways to treat me well, and Jesus is alive. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment