Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ack, so behind on the songs!

Hello dear readers!  It's been a while...most of that is due to being on my road trip, which was awesome.  The rest is due to the fact that I've been creating another classic iMovie of the photos and videos of the trip, complete with soundtrack!!!! I love iMovie.  It is so fun and so easy to use.  I'm not calling my movies great art or anything, but they are fun to make and fun to watch.  I'm particularly proud of this one.  Coming soon to a link near you...
Well, as I said, I'm quite behind on the song challenge.  So, here goes:

A song that makes you hopeful...would have to be "Love is Still a Worthy Cause" by Sara Groves.  Many the time I have popped her CD "Tell Me What You Know" into my car's CD player after a tough day at school where I have felt like I'm making no difference at all and feeling very little love for some of my tougher kiddos

A song by your favorite band...Oh, it's always so hard to choose.  I often prefer singer/songwriters over bands per se, but I'll limit myself to bands for this.  Okay, Caedmon's Call is one of my favorite bands, and one of my favorite songs of theirs (from their CD "Forty Acres") is "Table for Two." Technically it's one of Derek Webb's contributions to the album, so I guess I'm getting my singer/songwriter preference in there after all ;)


.  A song from the soundtrack of your favorite movie...geez, enough with the favorites already!  Choosing a favorite movie is a nearly impossible task, at least for me.  Okay, I will do this scientifically.  I'll go over to the cooler where we keep our movies (yeah, we're classy and space-deprived like that) and pick one at random...
Well, that was depressing. The first two I grabbed out were James Bond movies and the third was Gladiator.  None of those comes close to being a favorite.  But then I spied "West Side Story" lurking in the bottom.  That is full of excellent songs, so I'll choose one of those: "One Hand, One Heart"
The last song you heard...(this is easy, since I have Pandora on) "How Deep the Father's Love for Us"
A song that reminds you of a former friend...is that trying to say an ex-friend or someone you haven't seen in a long time?  How about this: I'll say it is of a friend that I haven't seen in a long time AND I'll combine it with the song challenge of A song that you love but rarely listen to.  That's right, this one is going out to Jackson Ferrell!  "Cannonball" by Five Iron Frenzy. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, this YouTube video is one he made!
A song that reminds you of your current boyfriend/girlfriend spouse...there are many, but I will choose "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, which was the "first song" we danced to at our wedding.  
A song you love to sing along to...so many songs would fit this description, because I love to sing (did you know that about me, reader?)  I also love the genre that is somewhat derogatorily called "showtunes," and those are the most fun to belt out.  "O Bless the Lord" from the musical "Godspell."  I was in Godspell in 11th grade, and it was awesome.  It's a great show, and I love singing all the songs in it.  It's not exactly an accurate representation of the gospel (what with conflating the characters of John the Baptist and Judas) but it has a lot of redeeming qualities to it.  The movie version from the '70s is okay, although not as good as seeing a live version if you can help it.  (And sorry the visual quality of this clip is awful!)
A song that has made you cry... because of content or circumstance in which it was heard?  The song "Held" by Natalie Grant is bittersweet about a sad circumstance but also the hope we have in God.
A song that makes you want to dance...so many!  What kind of dance?  Swing dance?  Bust-a-move dance?  Pretty sure I'm going to have to go with this one: "Jock Jams."  The question is how do you NOT move to this?  It also is a melange of so many '90s songs, and that was the decade I grew up in, so there you go.
Okay, I think that brings me up to date (since I combined two of them above).  Now my husband wants to get in on this action, so I may let him make a guest appearance to list his favorites.  
California video to come...




1 comment:

  1. Oh man, it really has been awhile! I can tell it's been awhile because that's not my music video. This is my music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7j-PddIjWo . It's an easy mistake to make because all anime looks the same.

    Regardless, I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks for the shout-out...hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete