Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Haircut



Before

Look at those long locks!

My little girl getting her baby hairs trimmed!

After: doesn't she look older already? No?  Well, pretend!


Ruby did great with her first haircut! No tears or fear at all; she looked inquisitively at her haircutter and watched the Baby Einstein video they put on for her.  It was one of those places that caters entirely to kids.  All of the seats are little cars or ponies or something and there is a TV screen for each seat (the real secret to pacifying the child!)  
Ruby had never watched a video before, so she was somewhat entranced.  The video had animals in it, and Ruby loved watching the dogs.  She also thought the hand puppets were funny.  
The haircutter saved up some of the baby hair for me in a little plastic souvenir bag thingy.  I know some of you out there don't get why this matters; maybe it's a mom thing or maybe it's just a me thing.  But it was pretty sweet seeing her hair cut.  
After that, we went to Cafe Sip 'n' Play to meet Sarah and her son, Liam.  There is a great play space there that Liam and Ruby enjoyed.  
Hi!

Sarah, Liam, and a photobombing kid.
A good time was had by all.  
One final picture: feel free to make up a caption for it in the comments.




2 comments:

  1. Ruby is so cute! I love all the pictures. Oh, and in case you did't see my reply to your comment on my blog, thanks for the great Austen party idea! It's great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. She. Is. Adorable. (Excuse my fragments.) She looks so grown up! :) Kurt used to L-O-V-E the Baby Einstein videos too (we probably have ten of them).
    Enjoy your well-deserved summer! :)

    ReplyDelete