Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 3

"A song that reminds you of one/both of your parents."
Hmm, this is also hard to choose.  I could go the route of songs that were on in the background while Dad cleaned the kitchen each night.  Or I could list songs that my mom would put on in the car when we were little.  Neither of them did a whole lot of singing to us, at least not that I can recall.  Mom is famous for making up little songs, that often have the same tune to them.  My dad and sister call them her "stultifying songs" because of their supposed ability to reduce their listeners (mostly babies or little kids) to a zombie like and obedient state.
I guess I'll go with this song, which is a favorite of both of theirs (especially Mom).  Michael Card is a great musician, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment