Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm getting behind!

I've missed the past two days of blogging: Wednesday because I was working full force on grading reports, and Thursday because of exhaustion (due to reports and classroom cleaning all day).
So, from Wednesday, a song that gets stuck in my head frequently (and annoyingly) is "Whatcha Say" by Jason Derulo.  I do not like the song.  It has a horrible message.  But it is very easy to get stuck in one's head.  Watch at your own risk:

Thursday's song is "A song that reminds you of your best friend."  This is hard to answer because it means I'll have to define best friend.  Of course my spouse by definition is my best friend...but there's a category for him later on down the line.  So, my female best friend?  How do you decide that?  While some people may have one hands-down best friend for all time, I think that for most of us we have different best friends depending on our time in life.
Okay, well...maybe I'll do a few.
Best friend/cousin/Ruby's godmother Chandra: "What if I stumble" by DC Talk.  It has special wedding week significance, too.
College best friends Sarah N., Cat P., and Jonathan F-C.: "Macarthur Park (AKA Someone left the cake out in the rain)" by Jimmy Webb
High school Best Friend Rebecca: "The Distance" by Cake

How's that for a montage?!  That's some crazy array of music.
Okay, now onto today's challenge, which is a song that reminds you of the past summer.
Last summer Ruby was in her first 3 months of life, and that was INTENSE!  It was good, but whew, a very exhausting experience.  What song would go with that?  I'm trying to think if there were any CDs I was listening to constantly, but I don't think so.  I'll go with one of the songs from the mix tape (err, mix CD) that Chandra made specially for Ruby.
"Love Song for a Savior" by Jars of Clay

1 comment:

  1. Re: "Whatcha Say": I have similar feelings about "In My Head." Get out of my head, Jason Derulo.

    ReplyDelete