Saturday, March 10, 2012

A slice of the day

Today was a pretty productive Saturday.  Allen took the car to work because they had an all-worker meeting at 6:30 AM.  At least they did provide donuts for breakfast!  Ruby and I got up around 7:20 and made breakfast (yummy and hearty oatmeal pancakes, recipe to be found here). Then it was on to the usual chores: washing dishes after breakfast (and leftover dishes from the night before), giving Ruby her bath, taking my shower after the bathtub drained, and then doing several loads of laundry while we still have the washer and dryer hooked up.  While that was going on, I worked on packing up our walk-in closet and made good progress on it, stopping every so often to read to Ruby or see what she was up to if she was playing in her room.  After an early lunch, I put Ruby in her pack 'n' play for a nap and I lay down, too!  Ruby didn't really fall asleep soundly for a while, though.  In the afternoon, after she got up, we did more packing and then went for a walk to the library to return some books.  It was a long walk, although nice weather made it enjoyable. But I came back completely exhausted from it.  Too tired for a proper date night, and Allen is tired, too.  Well, it's time to get Ruby ready for bed and do the evening routine with her.  One adorable thing she did today: Allen told her to come and give me a kiss, and she came over, pulled me down to her level by my collar, and gave me a kiss.  Pretty cute. Allen also taught her to do chest bumps with him.  Oh my.  I tried to capture it on video but my camera's battery is dead and the charger is already packed.  Some other time, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment